The Importance of Self-Care
This week (October 6 – 13, 2019) is Mental Health Awareness Week, and we are focusing on the importance of taking the time to practice Self-Care.
Webster defines self-care as:
- Eat nourishing foods
- Rest & allow yourself to take a break
- Try out a new hobby, or pick up an old one
- Curl up with a good book
- Take a nature walk, by yourself or with your pets!
- Spend quality time with your pets
- Do yoga or exercise
- Take a vacation or stay-cation
- Take a class for fun
- Write down the things that have been weighing you down, and let go of them